- This event has passed.
First Steps in Paper Piecing – Holiday Wreath Workshop
November 18 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Attend our November 18th workshop taught by Lisa Fryxell and learn some of her tips to make paper piecing easy! A key part of this project is making an eternal circle — so many uses for this technique. You will walk away from Lisa’s workshop with a lovely 18″x18″ holiday wreath wall hanging.
The pattern for the wreath will be emailed to you the week before class. Please print on thin paper designed for paper piecing or if you don’t have any, regular printer paper will be fine. Bring the printed pattern and supplies listed below to class.
And guess what — we have some surprises, including drawings for quilty gifts! All attendees receive a special little something for just showing up (because we’re fun like that).
Saturday, November 18, 9am – 2pm
New Hope Presbyterian Church
Fee: $30 (this includes the pattern)
Sign ups have closed, but we still have a few open seats. Please email Peg Roen ASAP at the address listed in our directory to be added!
- Outer Border: Fat Quarter
- White Background: Fat Quarter
- Light Yellow (glow): 2″ x 22”
- Dark Yellow (flame): 2″ x 3″
- Red (candle): 3″ x 6″
- Green (wreath): Fat Quarter
- Optional: Backing 20” x 20”, Binding 2 ½” or 2 3/4″ x 80”, Batting 20″ x 20”
- Sewing Machine
- Rotary Cutter (sharp blade please)
- Add-A-Quarter Ruler (6” or 12”)
- Light neutral thread and filled bobbin
- Extra needles
- Scissors (one for fabric and one for paper)
- Elmers glue stick
- Scotch Tape
- Sunny Disposition